Saturday, March 10, 2018

Slice of Life #10 Crocheting The Blanket

     Halo everybody, my name is Fabio and I’ll be talking to you about crocheting a blanket. I’ve been crocheting for forever... one year, and I only know how to crochet one, I guess, pattern. But I crochet beautiful things. I crochet scarves, scarves, scarves, headbands, dog sweaters, and I guess blankets. So I thought that since I know how to crochet scarves, putting scarves together would be just like a blanket, right? So that’s what I did. I started off crocheting a long long long scarf. Then when I had no more yarn, I added another ball of yarn and started to crochet and connect them. Let me pause for a second. This is what some people think I’m doing and what some people get confused with. What I do is NOT sewing. Sewing is with a needle and with a thread. When you see, you stitch things together. Okay, now onto what people get confused with. People ask me, “What’s the difference between knitting and crocheting?” Well that’s simple, kitting needles, crochet hook. And no, not the needle you sew with. Needles to sew with are sharp and tiny, needles to knit with are bag and won’t make you bleed unless you do something really... unprofessional. Now, back to the story! So I keep on crocheting and crocheting, multiple trips to Michaels, different colors of yarn, an explosion of breaks so I don’t get carpultunnel. It took me weeks and weeks and weeks to finish the masterpiece known as a blanket. All that hard work payed off, I finally finished the blanket!  Since it was Christmastime, I gave the blanket as a present to my favorite sibling, my sister. That’s all the time I got today folks. Remember, I like hot chips, bye bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment